Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer is officially over with Labor Day's passing, but boy we had fun at the family reunion so there's lots of good memories. The group site Karen and Erick arranged at Otter Creek was great (especially I loved being able to take a hot shower). I know, I'm not a very good camper any more but that's one of the privileges of getting old(er). Kasey planned some fun activities from a sailboat building and regatta on the water to some "Minute to win it" games. Plus she put together an awesome slide show of the family growing up from our marriage right up through Jacy's being in a family group shot.

Of course the food was wonderful and the company better. Quite a few fish were caught and those who wanted them took home enough to feed them a few meals. We also enjoyed attending the ward in Antimony on Sunday--great meetings.

I can't believe it but this was the 27th Max Wood Family Reunion. What a great time and what a great family; however we missed those that were not able to attend either because of work or distance. Hopefully some time soon we will ALL be able to be together.

Just to catch up: the Wednesday before Labor Day was our ward Harvest Dinner full of lucious fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and corn to supplement the new potatoes and barbecue meat. After we ate we hustled up to the pavilion where we got a treat: Mont Crosland, our hometown sculptor, and Jack Johnson donated a bronze statue of children Mont had sculpted. It is set up by the playground and is a special addition to the area.

Grandpa is harvesting mucho tomatoes and beans (I wish they were through, the beans, that is) and the first winter squash. Boy I have been waiting for that squash--it is delicious. My mouth was just watering and savoring every bite. Wish we could share it with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like family reunion was a lot of fun! I would have loved to see the minute to win it games. It kills me that I have to shop at the case lot sale this week to get a winter storage. I miss my frozen beans and replenishing my bottled fruit and tomatoes. The winter squash sounds delicious! I still laugh thinking how Garrett ate Benjamin and Andrea's squash that dinner at your house.

    ReplyDelete