Monday, September 20, 2010

Last week we filled all our quart jars with grape juice but it took a couple of days to do it and the house got kind of a sickly sweet, sticky, steamy smell until we were done. What probably added to the smell was we were drying graped for raisins at the same time. No more buying raisins for a couple of years--I had missed having home-dried raisins for the past couple of years and I hate buying them. Anyway, another fall project done!

Now we are trying to get the yard cleaned up for winter, grandpa in the garden and me in the flowerbeds. Slow but it's coming along. Oh and while we doing that we have been enjoying the beginnings of winter squash. It is so yummy! Grandpa's even getting requests from the people in town so I guess we aren't the only ones who love it.

Amber is helping me with my big cleaning projects for this fall and winter. They are the ones I put off until that about attack me and say DO THIS so loud that they can't be ignored. One of the big ones was cleaning the game cupboard. Boy, what a mess and mixup. A lot went to the trash and some to D. I. Finally got rid of my old wigs. I'll never wear them again especially since they are a pretty brunette and my hair is now musty, dusty, grey-brown--more grey than brown. Oh well, age must come and I'm afraid must show itself. Too bad--so sad.

2 comments:

  1. Come over anytime I could use some cupboard uncluttering done. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the cute birthday card for Qiana. She loved the froggy. THANKS GRANDMA! Also, glad to hear the salsa was good.

    ReplyDelete